Assistant Commercial Electrical Estimator/Project Manager
If you have a passion for commercial construction and are looking for a great company to work for, we may have the ideal position for you. Electrical Production Services, Inc., is a growing Commercial Electrical, Low Voltage, and Fiber Optics Contractor that has been in business for over 30+ years and is currently seeking a Commercial Electrical Estimator/Project Manager to be responsible for the day-to-day bidding, design and planning of Commercial Electrical Projects. This position will play a key role in working closely with the EPS Sales Team and Field Leads in the successful management of projects from initiation to project completion. The tasks performed for this position will be completed both in the office and in the field.
Our company offers a great benefit package which includes highly competitive wages, paid health and dental insurance, a 401K plan with matching contributions, paid time off (PTO), short-term and long-term disability, and a strong family culture. If you looking to work in a supportive environment with some great team members who strive to exceed their customer’s expectations, then we would like for you to join our team. Our team approach, challenging projects, and caring family culture creates a welcoming environment for the ideal candidate to develop their career. If you are interested in becoming a part of growing and exciting company and looking to expand your expertise in today’s technology, we have the ideal position for you. If interested, please e-mail your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 952-564-6471 to learn more about this position.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Collaborates with EPS Sales Team and Project Managers to determine the best approach, value, and pricing needs for commercial electrical projects
- Assists sales team with developing and delivering effective and competitive bid proposals and estimates of commercial electrical projects and change orders
- Develops new relationships and maintains established relationships with customers and contractors to assist sales team in soliciting additional opportunities through growth sales
- Ensures EPS’s best interests are represented, including profitability and cost control for each project
- Responsible for the ordering and procurement of materials and equipment needed for projects. Assists EPS Sales Team in developing best strategies of procuring materials for multiple projects.
- Documents all paperwork including work orders, change orders, purchase orders, schedules and bid plans
- Reviews and evaluates project plans and specifications, bid documents, and other relevant project documents to calculate the cost of electrical construction
- Prepares EPS bid form and submits bids promptly on or before bid due date
- Initiates, manages, and meets project budgets and timelines
- Researches, obtains and negotiates competitive pricing for material and required products
- Communicates effectively with sales team, project managers, general contractors, field foremen including field crew, engineers, architects and customers
- Transmits awarded project scope of work to field leads and other bid information to subcontractors and suppliers as needed
- Works closely with management to determine labor needs for awarded projects
- Supports both the field and office with site visits from project start to finish
- Controls and tracks on-going projects and provides solutions for field personnel when problems occur
- Prepares, processes and maintains all electronic files, correspondence, schedules and reports necessary to perform the responsibilities of the project contract or request
- Develops and maintains strong customer relationships as a trusted advisor setting project objectives, project timelines and ensures final project meets or exceeds the customer’s expectations
- Promotes and follows EPS company philosophy, processes, values, and safety requirements
- Assist field leads on jobsite when applicable to have a clear understanding of EPS processes and current work environments
- Continuously and proactively seeks opportunities to analyze and streamline projects, processes, methods, tools, equipment, personnel and other operational criteria to enhance the quality and quantity of work performed
- Two-year technical associate degree in electrical estimating, project management or construction management, or similar discipline
- At least 5 to 10 years of experience of estimating, preparing commercial electrical bids and knowledge of project management in electrical applications and systems.
- Must have knowledge with AutoCAD and estimating software
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Outstanding leadership and keen sense for detail skills.
- Ability to foresee events and anticipate changes in conditions and operations to the greatest extent possible and the ability to react and provide effective solutions.
Experience in Commercial Electrical Applications (5 years minimum)
Strong project management and estimating skills
Expertise is AutoCAD and other estimating software
Valid MN Driver’s License
Commercial Electrical Estimator/Project Manager
Location: Chanhassen, MN
Employment Type: Full-Time
Salary: Highly competitive salary – based on experience and qualifications