Agricultural Electrical Journeyman
Electrical Production Services, Inc. (EPS), is a growing commercial electrical contractor who has been in business for over 30+ years. We are currently seeking an Agricultural Electrical Journeyman. EPS is a unique commercial contractor that specializes in commercial electrical, low voltage, and fiber optics. EPS serves customers in Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, and North and South Dakota. Candidates should have extensive experience in Agricultural electrical applications. The ideal candidate should have experience in services facilities such as hog or dairy sites. The customers we serve in this capacity are primarily located in the Northfield, Mankato, Owatonna areas of southern Minnesota This position is responsible for effectively completing the maintenance and projects of large hog operations while ensuring the highest level of quality and craftsmanship is maintained from project initiation to completion. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in all agricultural electrical applications and the electrical maintenance on multiple farm sites. Our team approach, challenging projects and family culture creates a welcoming environment for the ideal candidate to develop their career.
- Ensures the successful completion of each assigned electrical project or work order and maintains the highest level of quality and craftsmanship at all times
- Responsible for receiving and reviewing blueprints, develops a clear understanding for the scope of work required and develops an effective plan for proper installation
- Performs electrical tasks including, but not limited to, the running of and installation of conduits, wiring, mounting boxes, lighting, devising, digging trenches and installation of other electrical applications
- Responsible for electrical installations, specifications and code requirements and helps ensure EPS quality standards are always maintained
- Schedules and communicates with state and local electrical inspectors as project work is completed and finalized
- Communicates detailed project information to Project Managers and Sales Team
- Licensed MN Journeyman or Master Electrician License
- Two-year technical associate degree in electrical construction, construction management, project management or similar discipline or completion of accredited apprenticeship program and equivalent experience with a commercial electrical focus
- Experience in commercial electrical and agricultural applications
- Experience in managing a team of electrical apprentices
- Valid MN Driver’s License
- Excellent troubleshooting, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven leadership skills and detailed oriented
- Ability to regularly lift 20-35 pounds
- Comfortable working in large hog operation faciltities
- Proficient with all tools and equipment and able to train others on proper use and operation
- Competitive hourly wages
- Excellent health benefits (including medical, dental and vision) with the Company contributing to employees’ overall costs
- 401(k) with company match
- Health savings account with company match
- Paid holidays
- PTO plan
- Short-term disability
- Company vehicle
- New set of Hilti tools
Question: How many years of experience do you have as an Electrical Journeyman?
Question: Do you have any experience working in an agricultural facility?
When is the best time to contact you?